Monday, May 3, 2010

Museum Piece: The First Cuca's Things (Paris, October '95)

Let's see what la Cuca has to say

On Monday, I was walking in a bad mood because its been months that I've been trying to loose these extra kilos that weight on me so much, I was walking, I said, on the sunny streets at noon on my way to the electroacustic music class, when I saw coming towards me on the same sidewalk a very well dressed, bearded black man. Of course, it's not polite to look into people's eyes, but he was looking and when he passed next to me I heard the inevitable flattery. I saw it coming. Something like "I would like to suck..." (untranslatable mumble or indecipherable or unrepeatable words here...) But no. What I heard left me bewildered and happy: "Vous etes ravissante" (You are lovely). Great, man! Never before I heard such a good compliment. Used to hear the aberrations that porteños* say, not all of them, but most, this one hypnotized me because of its grace. "Vous etes ravissante." Ah! It sounds like the words of a prince.

And I continued my way with a smile on my lips.

* People from Buenos Aires

No comments:

Post a Comment