Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wild animals

My clinginess and my neediness are like wild animals. I try to keep them in check, but they are always so desperate to go out and roam that some times they manage to dig a hole under the gate and wander free and cause estragos in my life (I left estragos in Spanish because the whole sound of it is falling to pieces).

They drag me down with their desperate dependency and obsession. But once more I manage to collect them and put them back in the corral, where they belong, under my supervision.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I look forward to reading some of your gypsy memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild Animals: really enjoyed this.

    As I read it I couldn't help but think of my recent preoccupation with the word "obsessive". It seems I hear myself using it frequently, even if its not exactly the proper piece of vocabulary for the sentence and so I have committed to abstaining from it's use and replace it with one of it's relatives,

    Being as English is my second language as well ;P - here are other some of obsession's relatives that I am finding more fitting when speaking: preoccupied, consumed, hooked, haunted, enamored, engrossed, infatuated and fixated.

    ReplyDelete